07 March 2008

hello

I am still alive, but just barely. I have been so busy... I work every morning from 5:30-9:30, and then I come home to spend the rest of the day working on one of my many projects.

The Xbox project didn't wrap up when it was originally expected to - but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by that. We had to start over from the beginning because they changed directions with it. I had to produce 11 frames for the new storyboards in one day. My legs ache from sitting down so much.


I'm up way too late - but this night has just been so chaotic and strange. I seem to be having a lot of days like this recently! I have not had one dull moment in my life for quite a while, it seems. Every day feels like it lasts forever - which may sound like a bad thing, but it's really not. However I suppose being awake at 4:30 and not going to bed until midnight would account for that feeling of days never ending. There's just so much to do and not enough time to finish it all!

I was reading over my blog from the first day I started it... It's really kind of amazing to me how much changing I've done in a matter of months. Really incredible, actually. I almost don't even know who that girl was. I remember her, but I don't know her anymore... A very strange feeling/realization.


My dreams have come true with the Christiana situation (a little refresher). Jen and I were out wandering around Kirkland yesterday and ran into John. He bought us coffee and confided in us about how concerned he is about his daughter. He said she really needs a woman in her life - so I took the opportunity to tell him how much I would love to try and be that person. So, although I think it is very hard for him, he's letting me take her out for a day. Tomorrow after work, I am picking her up at 10AM and we are going to do all sorts of fun things. I wanted to take her to the zoo originally, but it's going to be raining. Today was pretty nice out and sunny so I was expecting it to be the same tomorrow - but since it won't be, we're going to the aquarium instead. Then I'm going to take her to lunch, and to Pike Place. I just want to spoil her and make her feel super special for a day. I know John is worrying about it - he called me twice today to make sure I was absolutely certain I wanted to do this. I know he's just nervous because he probably never trusts anybody with his only child. But I reassured him that I have been taking care of kids since I was probably 6 years old and that I will not let her out of my sight. I am really looking forward to this!

So, on that note I better go get some rest! Tomorrow is a big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment