18 June 2008

in a moment of desperation

Oh my goodness.

I feel like I am having a panic attack right now. I realized last night how frighteningly short on money I will be after this month. So this morning I applied for a job at Top Pot to be a barista since it is about 3 blocks from my apartment. They said they would be hiring "eventually" - which may or may not be soon enough.

So when I got home, I made a brash decision and called Nordstrom in Bellevue. I spoke to one of my old assistant managers from when I worked in POV last year. She manages the Kid's Shoes department now and needs sales help for the summer. I agreed to go in on Monday for the re-hire process...

What have I done? I feel sick to my stomach. Everyone knows I hated that job... it made me so unhappy. I feel like I have sold my soul to the devil. Ughh. I'm just hoping, hoping, hoping that Top Pot will call me before Monday for an interview. I would probably really enjoy working there. Coffee, tea and donuts. That would make for a chubby summer but a happier one!


Blahhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment