03 September 2008

frog in my throat

I've been meaning to write for so long, but I've been so busy that I just haven't had the time. I've been going non-stop for the past two weeks, most days working two jobs - sometimes three if you count the work I put in on my most recent contract job. As a result, I now have a really bad cold. This is the exact same pattern of last winter.

Speaking of which, I can hardly believe it's almost been a year since then. 2008 is going by so quickly, it's kind of freaking me out.

Now, all of the things I've wanted to talk about.

I spent last week helping the visuals team at Anthro with little things - like paper mache-ing bowls, painting houses on big white canvases and wrapping and knotting strips of different colored fabric around wires to make tree roots. I had burns and blisters on my fingers from hot glue guns and paint in my ears but I didn't care, I couldn't have been happier. I'd really like to be on the visuals team someday - so I'll do whatever I can for now until that day might come.

I went to Bumbershoot on Saturday with Ashley. We walked there and met up with our friends after they played. The Walkmen were so good. Without that performance, it wouldn't have been worth it to go. Although, I did enjoy the funnel cake and chocolate dipped strawberries almost as much!

My friends Gena & Charlie got married in Portland on Sunday. I brought my friend Kassi with me as my date. We left early and spent the day walking around the city, drinking lots of coffee and shopping. It felt like a mini-vacation in a way. I remembered how much I like Portland and got excited about the tentative plans I have to move there (or maybe L.A.) next Spring. I would do anything to get out of Seattle for a while.

The wedding was so much fun. All of my friends are scattered up and down the West Coast - some in Portland, some in Southern Oregon, some in L.A. So for all of us to be in one place at the same time was absolutely wonderful - especially because we were all gathered for such a special day. There was a photo booth at the venue they were married in, so all of us took full advantage... Some more than others. By the time I had to leave, Evan had the standing record of being in 11 photos. It almost feels like a dream to me now. I really didn't want to leave. I honestly think that wedding could have lasted for weeks - months even - and we would have all been totally okay with that.

1 comment:

  1. all of you should move into houses on the same street, and every day could be one big block party! :)

    i'm so happy for you, aly! i really hope that job at anthro works out! i miss going to visit you at work in seattle!!! hopefully i can go back and see you soon!