19 January 2009

sunny sunday








I woke up this morning & the sun was shining so brightly through our bedroom window. Claire, Ashley and I spent the day taking full advantage of the sunshine. We had coffee and almond croissants at Joe Bar for breakfast. There was a sweet but sad little doggy sitting alone outside. He was so darling, I wanted to take him home with me. Then we went to the Fremont Flea Market where I bought a new kitchen table, linens and a comfy men's shirt. Once I set it all up at home with my also new red chairs, it felt as though I had a whole new kitchen. So exciting! Then we packed a picnic lunch and went to Lynn Street Beach where we sang songs, fed the ducks and took a lot of pictures. Claire went home and Ashley and I got straight to work on our dinner for Evan. He is such a wonderful person. It was a lovely, lovely evening. Now Claire is back, sleeping on our floor - our third sleep over this week!


Today was like a warm, beautiful reminder of why (despite all hardships, but also because of them) I love my life. I wish it never had to end.

4 comments:

  1. cute kitchen. and when your friend claire wakes up, she must tell us where her little yellow cape is from! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it was a Value Village find! I also have a yellow cape that I found there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss joe bar!!! i miss seattle! and i MISS YOU!! :) i'm glad the sun is shining over there and the cloudy skies have parted for awhile.

    it's been summer weather here lately.

    we need to catch up. i will send you an email soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe it was a Value Village find! I also have a yellow cape that I found there.

    ReplyDelete