02 February 2009

days like this

At Cal Anderson Park last summer.


I am ready for winter to be over and spring to begin. I am ready for walks to the park without having to wear a coat and hat. I am ready for sandals and dresses and picnics. I am ready for freckles that hide when the sun is away, watermelon and impromptu swims with my sister. I am ready for iced soy lattes with lots of honey that drips over the ice into delicious globs at the bottom of the cup. I am ready for warmth, breezy naps and blueberry picking.

Summers in Seattle are so much fun. Last summer was a dream. Looking back now, I realize how lovely my life has been since moving into this apartment. So many new friends, new discoveries, new wisdom and new feelings.

I am excited for what the next seasons bring.

I feel happy.

9 comments:

  1. hopefully summer means i can see you again soon! maybe even my spring break?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when is your spring break? I might not be here, or anastasia might come up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look like an adorable child! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. So ready for summer, but it's months away. That being said, the 55 degree days feel pretty warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have been beautiful! I do love Seattle's crisp, sunny days. They are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. to me, alyson is like sweet spring days =^-^=

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look like an adorable child! hehehe

    ReplyDelete