22 November 2010

happy monday

The Kai & Asher gang is out of town for Thanksgiving, so I am taking this week off to focus on me, me, me. I woke up this morning to find snow blanketing the streets of Seattle, but I will not let it stop me from getting out and ticking off all of the things on my list of things to accomplish.

It's funny how when, we think and dream about things with an open heart and mind, suddenly the universe or whatever it is starts sending things in our direction. When I introduced the idea of making prints available of my photos (thank you for all of your support and very kind words!), it was as though immediately, people around the world could pick up on these vibes and my flickr started going even more crazy. Not only that, though. I was invited by a curator to join a creative group online called Glossom (has anyone heard of this?). According to the curator, it is a place where artists and designers share their work and agencies, magazines and brands can peruse the site to find talent. I'm not sure how often the site is actually used by professionals for that purpose, but nevertheless, I feel honored to be included. To start, I transfered a bunch of photos from my flickr, which I will go back and be more selective about.

Earlier this morning, I finally bought the rights to www.marmunia.com. It's about time! I haven't set anything up yet, but soon it will be the main hub for all of my creative endeavors. I am so inspired lately and I am proud of myself for getting out of my slump and tapping into the creativity and drive that I know is in me somewhere.

I feel excited about the possible opportunities coming my way. I don't know what to expect, but it is fun to dream about where I could go with this. I truly give credit to you, and you, and you - and thank for your support and encouragement!

Now, I am off to Ikea with my mom! I have some things I would really like to take care of around my apartment. Paint the kitchen, install some shelving, deal with some organization issues, frame and hang the prints that are collecting in a brown bag in my closet, etc. So, today is dedicated to getting everything completely settled and in its place so that my home can be finished and a productive and creative space.

No comments:

Post a Comment