16 June 2011

snap happy







I am proud to share that the other day, I won my very first ebay item ever, a Canon AV-1. I never expect to win the things I bid on, and I am rarely competitive enough to dedicate myself to sitting at my computer in order to be sure that I do. This one I didn't have to try very hard for. In fact, it was a bit of an accident. Nevertheless, I am excited for it to arrive. It is shipping all the way from Bulgaria (that was the accident) though, so it may be a while.

I do not know much about this model. Actually, I do not know anything about it. I chose it simply because I have been so attracted to the images on Miss Little Lime, and after doing some clicking around discovered that this particular Canon model is one that she often uses. I hope that with some practice, my photos will turn out to be just as lovely as hers. Film just has such a special and beautiful quality that digital does not.

------------------------------

On Monday, I mentioned that little Kai was undergoing a tonsillectomy and an adenoidectomy. The surgery went well and after a night in the hospital, he came home looking quite droopy and puffy faced. Despite the pain he is in, he's being a very brave little boy and doesn't complain hardly at all. We've been taking it easy this week by burying ourselves in books and snuggling on the couch. As I write this, he is asleep on my lap. Thanks to those of you who kept him in your thoughts and sent him well wishes. 


Images by Miss Little Lime.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, so good you won that camera. Can't wait to see your new pictures made with it.

    I really love those pictures in this post. Beautiful. Wish you a beautiful weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new camera! I have an AE-1 that I love but do not use as often as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take some of Taiwan for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete