23 February 2012

L I K E    A     D R E A M

























A small group of my dearest friends gathered last night for a very special European style dinner. Ashley put it all together for me (such a sweet and generous friend!) with so much thoughtfulness in every detail - from the menu to the table setting and pretty pink flowers in the center. Each course was focused on one of the countries I will be visiting. There were cured meats from Spain, delicious stinky cheeses from France, wines from all over (one that was actually hand selected from Madrid and carried home from Spain with Jarred), a Czech style borscht soup, Ashley & Mile's homemade sour kraut (deee-licious), weißwürst and brockwürst, homemade frites with curried ketchup, and perhaps most importantly, Geraldine's unbelievably tasty Dutch candied waffles. I can't even tell you how many of those I ate!

Ashley's home is so beautiful and warm, I couldn't imagine a more perfect environment for an evening spent with the ones I love so much. All of it was incredible, I felt like it was my birthday again. I have the best friends in the world.

I AM GOING TO MISS ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE LIKE CRAZY.


7 comments:

  1. So sad I missed it- I AM GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH LADY. FML. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss you, too - but five months will fly by! Remember? Just like your pregnancy! ;) I LOVE YOU. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such amazing friends... that is so THOUGHTFUL. What amazing cooks! Although I was not there... I wish you a safe and adventurous travel. All the best xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't they just the best? I am so grateful for each and every one of them.

    Thank you Aimee! You've been such an encouragement to me lately. I really hope you are able to do something similar in the future. 

    xo

    Ps. Did you get my last email? Just want to be sure - sometimes they slip into people's spam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a truly wonderful way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! It was such a beautiful evening. A very special and unforgettable gift. :)

    ReplyDelete