07 March 2012

S A T U R D A Y   I N    M A D R I D   -   P A R T   F O U R


After a long day out and about, Elena and María's aunt, Marí Llanos, treated us to afternoon tea at the Ritz. It was so grand - that is really the best and only way to describe it. My Gramma would have loved it! I think we felt a bit out of place at first, but we didn't mind that for too long. I just imagined that I was so rich, I didn't have to look nice, and then I felt right at home. :) We had a really nice time, sitting in the comfortable chairs and enjoying our tea and cookies. I loved the little floral cloth napkins they used - I told the girls I wished I could keep it. The next thing I knew, Marí Llanos was slyly stashing it in my purse! Ha! So now I have a lovely souvenir from a pretty special memory.




















Afterwards we walked through the city - the way the buildings are lit up at night in Madrid are so beautiful. We then each went home for a siesta before heading out again (I deeply appreciate this part of Spanish culture!). That night we went to dinner with a group of ladies and then headed to Elena and María's for wine, story telling, lots of laughing and all around fun. We eventually ended up at a club where we danced for a little while. Not something I would typically participate in at home - but I was in Madrid and I was willing to try anything! Everyone there seemed far too young to be drinking and dancing the way they were - I am pretty sure I was the oldest person in the room.

That about wraps up Saturday, our first full day in Madrid. Each day was like this; full of activities and fun. We went to bed at around 4 to 5am every night (morning). Then we'd sleep until nearly noon and do it all again. Exhausting and not very good for your health - but it was good for my heart and my spirit! That's what really counts, right?

7 comments:

  1. ahhh tea time at the ritz... amazing! this looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have followed your blog for some time now and I am really enjoying all of the updates of your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Aly, I'm so happy for you and your beautiful sister! I am loving all your updates too :) Can't believe you are so close to me now, wish we could meet one day during your jorney you lovely lady ! All the best ! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was so nice! It never would have crossed my mind as something to do - I'm so glad Marí Llanos thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear it! It's really fun for me to share it with everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Agnieszka! Where are you exactly? I cannot remember! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in Poland now, but soon in England at my boyfriend's place !

    ReplyDelete