12 March 2008

dad's doppleganger


My Father, circa 1980 - Venice, Italy.


Caety found my dad's doppleganger and showed him to me on myspace today. They look so much alike, it's uncanny. My mom was especially weirded out by it. She said he looks more like my dad than his own sons do. I mean, seriously. It's extremely strange. I would put this guy's picture up so that you could see how bizarrely similar they look - but I think that would be weird.

I sent him a message to let him know that he has a twin 30 years his senior, simply because I find it to be so odd. He claimed I look exactly like his mom when she was in her 20s, too. I don't believe that because it would just be too strange. I told him to send me a picture to prove it.

Caety said we would make the perfect case study to see if it's true that we are attracted to people who are like our mothers or fathers. I can't imagine that being the case in a physical sense - because although I think my dad is very handsome, I don't think I could ever be attracted to someone who looks so much like him. There were a lot of qualities that Skye and him shared, which were things that I definitely would want a man to possess. So in that sense, I think it's absolutely true. But physically... no. That's just weird - and quite frankly perverse.


It's 12:30 in the morning. I think I somehow forget that 4:30 AM is not so far away from midnight, because I've been staying up way too late recently.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment