06 March 2012

S A T U R D A Y   I N   M A D R I D    -    P A R T    O N E


I am a few days behind with everything. Today we arrived on Palma de Mallorca, feeling pretty sleepy after all of the fun we had in Madrid - Ashley and I never stopped moving. We spent nearly every moment with Elena, María et al. I cannot tell you how wonderful it was! In only over three days I made some friends for life. It was very hard to say goodbye to them last night! I am already missing them quite a bit.

To start, here are just a few photos from Saturday. I will be posting more in sets as I took so many and have much to go through still. I may have to breeze over most of the details and only mention a few key things - but I don't think much explaining will be needed as I believe the photos will speak for themselves. 





First full day - breakfast at El Rincón.


So fun to see a familiar face in a foreign place - even if just on a poster. For those of you in Madrid, this is a show you will not want to miss. Beautiful people, and beautiful music. Damien's new album, Maraqopa is perfect and has been the soundtrack to my travels so far.




Circo - Barbara's (one of my new, beautiful friends) sister's shop. She makes lots of lovely handmade jewelry!
















More to come! And in case you didn't catch this before, I now have instagram and have been trying to regularly post photos there whenever I can find wifi. Find me there as alysonsharon.

4 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying your updates on all of your various media - they are the perfect way to daydream a grey Seattle stuck-at-work day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh amazing! this is so exciting getting to see what you see there... isn't it crazy how beautiful EVERYTHING is there? even a little potted plant in the street...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I am glad to be providing that kind of an escape. Many others have been reporting the same thing. You can count on plenty more day dreams, as I feel like I am dreaming through each day! I keep having to pinch myself -I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE MADRID. Why don't we move there and open a shop together? Don't you think that would be incredible!? I have thought of you so many times throughout this trip so far... I see so many things that remind me of you, or that I think you would love. Just wait until you see where I am staying for the next five weeks! I went out right at sunset this evening and took a bunch of pictures. You're going to die!

    ReplyDelete